6/29/10

Rosey is FIVE today!!!!

5 Years ago today, I birthed my little Rosey in a peaceful dimly lit hospital room in a big ol' jacuzzi tub of warm water. LOVED the water birth. Thanks Dr. Jani!!!! Since then I have become stronger, braver, tougher, sillier, happier, busier, more exhausted, more confident, more knowledgeable, more resilient, more grateful, more joyous... My eyes are wide open to the beauty AND a the challenges in life and I'm facing it all head on. In the last 5 years my mind has been BLOWN in a really good way. Rosey, thank you for this wild and wonderful ride of motherhood. This has been a journey to a level of selflessness that I could have never imagined. Set into motion by your arrival, I am changed forever... We ended this wonderful Birthday with a bath together, Rosey and me. Once we were in there, I realized how fitting that we would celebrate her birthday in a warm cozy tub together, just like the minute she was born. Thanks to all of you who have loved and supported us through the years. We look forward to many more updates with all the excitement that lies ahead...
XOXO
Mama SJ



Caption for Photo Above: Backstage before one of my Green Show Concerts at OSF, Rosey helped me put on make-up and get ready. Interesting tidbit: Rosey is holding the red toothbrush I use to brush my eyebrows. I stole it from my mom when I was a kid and still have it. Some people pass down diamonds and silver, in our family we pass down eyebrow toothbrushes... Someday it's all yours Rosey! Love that girl...

3 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!
    hey there,
    I'm working on my blog and I think something is broken but I've finally chosen a background - a colorful one. I'm trying to get my body to be white like yours. How did you get it to be all white - the body and the sidebar?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah Jane!

    Tumaini turned me on to your site, and I'm really enjoying it.

    I was born in LA too, Alexandria, and my sister was born in Monroe. Nice to find someone else from that part of the world. Living in NJ I don't meet too many Lousianians.

    I'm looking forward to hearing more from you!

    XO
    Wendy Lane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wendy! I can't believe you're from Alexandria. It is fun to meet other Louisianians... Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm about to get it really going. Very exciting! :) Sarah Jane

    ReplyDelete