6/23/10

I'm an Extra-Small? REALLY Old Navy????


Old Navy has some very cute little scoop neck t-shirts. T-shirts are an important part of my mom uniform (fitted t-shirts, tank tops, yoga pants, jeans, cute sneakers, heels if I'm feeling date night-ish and if I'm feeling really saucy, a fab piece of jewelry or scarf worn Stephen Tyler style as I like to call it) So currently all my t-shrits are stained, stretched, and stale, and I decided to stock up on a few new ones for summer.

I got to Old Navy, grabbed huge stack of all the colors and designs in Medium and headed on the 1/2 mile walk back to the dressing room where I found that the MEDIUMS were too big! Ok. So I go back for a huge stack of SMALL and lo and behold, they were too big too! What's up? One more trip back into the store and sure enough, the EXTRA SMALL fit perfectly. Now, I'm not bragging that I suddenly got EXTRA small. I didn't. I'm just wondering, "If I am extra-small, what do you call the thousands of people out there way smaller than me?" and "What is happening with the sizes of clothes?" It's wacky.

To investigate this matter, I just measured myself. My waist is 29" at the smallest part - 28" if I suck in. Let's not talk about the "mommy pooch" that sits just below my 29" waist. A measurement I will not take. I have pretty big boobs (34D) and a big hips. Basically I'm a notch smaller than "fat Marilyn Monroe". Back then, when she gained weight, the media made such a big deal about her new plus size body (I personally think she looked smokin' hot with her curves). Now in 2010, I'm fitting into an EXTRA SMALL t-shirt? What are the sizes below extra-small? Teeny Weeny, Tiny, Itty Bitty, Extra Itty Bitty?

I'm confused. Flattered. Considering wearing my tag inside out on purpose, but confused.
Has anyone else noticed this phenomenon?

Sincerely,
Little Me, Tiny, Petite, Delicate...
Sarah Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment